The attention of the Nigeria Police Force has been drawn to a report on a FACEBOOK ACCOUNT posing as IGP Ibrahim K. Idris calling for the recruitment into Rapid Response Squad (RRS). The Nigeria Police force wishes to state categorically that:
1. The said account is a scam, malicious and mischievous.
2. The Force is hereby informing the general public that IGP Ibrahim K. Idris does not have a facebook account.
3. The purported recruitment mobilization of Police personnel into any Unit of the Force is not done online and does not need any form of money as claimed by the mischievous scammers
4. The cyber crime Department of Nigeria Police Force has commenced investigation to arrest and prosecute those behind the publication.
5 The Force implores the public to always investigate any story trending on social media to get the facts before responding.
6. The general public should disregard the said online publication.