How to update your Xbox One console automatically or manually
Home » International »
How to update your Xbox One controller in 3 different ways
You can update your Xbox One controller using several methods.
You can update your Xbox One controller in three different ways.
Depending on which version of a controller you have, you can wirelessly update it along with your stereo headset adapter.
Updating your Xbox One controller allows you to receive various improvements to the controller.
Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more.
The Xbox One gaming console allows users to update their controllers. While it is not required, Microsoft makes frequent firmware updates to the gaming accessory.
These firmware updates make various improvements to the controller, including enhancements for headset adapter capabilities and much more.
Thankfully, Microsoft has provided three different ways for Xbox One owners to update their controllers. Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Xbox One X (From $499.99 at Best Buy)
Xbox One Wireless Controller (From $59.99 at Best Buy)
Windows 10 (From $139.99 at Best Buy)
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 (From $999 at Best Buy)
How to update your Xbox One controller wirelessly
If you want to update your Xbox One controller wirelessly, you will need a controller purchased during or after June 2015. If you aren’t sure when you bought your controller, check the bottom of it for a round 3.5-mm port; this indicates that your controller is able to update wirelessly.
If you want your headset to receive updates as well, be sure to connect your stereo headset adapter to your controller.
1. Power on your Xbox One controller and press the Xbox button. Select „System“ and then „Settings.“
2. Click on „Devices & streaming“ and then „Accessories.“ Select the controller that you wish to update.
3. Click on „Device info“ and select the „Firmware version“ box.
4. Click „Update Now“ and your Xbox One controller will begin to update.
Foto: Select „Firmware version“ to commence the controller update.sourceTaylor Lyles/Business Insider
How to update your Xbox One controller using a USB
1. Connect your controller to your Xbox One using a USB cable.
2. Instructions for automatically installing the update should appear.
Foto: After the controller updates, you can exit the Xbox One settings page.sourceTaylor Lyles/Business Insider
3. If the instructions don’t automatically appear, press the Xbox button on your controller.
4. Select „System“ and then „Settings.“
5. Click on „Devices & streaming“ and then „Accessories.“ Select the controller that you wish to update.
6. Click on „Device info“ and select the „Firmware version“ box.
7. Click „Continue.“
How to update your Xbox One controller using a Windows 10 computer
1. Turn on your Windows 10 PC and launch the Xbox Accessories app. If you do not already have it installed, download the application from the Microsoft Store.
2. Connect your Xbox One controller to your PC. If your controller is wireless, connect it to your PC by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
3. With the Xbox Accessories app open, if a controller update is required, a message should pop up saying „Update Required.“
4. Click „Close“ once your controller has updated.
Foto: A mandatory update for the controller will appear when applicable.sourceTaylor Lyles/Business Insider
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to use an Xbox One controller on your Android phone or tablet by pairing it with Bluetooth
‚Why does my Xbox One turn on by itself?‘: How to stop your Xbox from turning on without your command
How to use a keyboard and mouse on your Xbox One to play certain games with better precision
How to connect your Xbox One controller to a PC in 3 different ways
iOS 13 lets you connect an Xbox One controller to your IPhone – here’s how to do it
iPhone-Boom in China: Apple-Aktie erreicht neues Rekordhoch
Mobilitätswende: Wie ein Experte euch überzeugen will, auf das Auto zu verzichten
Bahncard 50 und 25 werden billiger
Wissen zum Wochenende: Macht Fluorid in Zahnpasta krank?
Nur mit den besten Rasiermessern: Eine Rasur wie vom Barbier