EXIT OF AN ICON AND A LEGAL LUMINARY
• IGP Ibrahim K. Idris, NPM, mni mourns former CJN Idris Legbo Kutigi, describes him as a front line statesman whose vacuum created by his death will be difficult to fill
The Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris, NPM, mni, on behalf of his family, the Police Management Team and the entire Officers and Men of the Nigeria Police Force with a heavy heart commiserate with the Legbo-Kutigi family of Niger State, the Government and good people of Niger State, the Federal Government of Nigeria, the Chief Justice of the Federation and the entire Judiciary, friends, associates and other Nigerians on the sudden demise of the late former CJN Idris Legbo Kutigi at the age of 78 years.
2. The IGP deeply condole and empathise also with Etsu Nupe, HRH Alhaji (Dr) Yahaya Abubakar CFR and the entire people of Bida Emirate on the loss of their illustrious son, whose vacuum created by his death will be difficult to fill for a very long time to come.
3. The demise of the former CJN Idris Legbo Kutigi is a great loss not only to the good people of Niger State but to the Judiciary and our county, Nigeria.
4. The IGP extols the good virtue, exemplary and excellent leadership qualities of the late former CJN Idris Legbo Kutigi while in the service of our dear nation, Nigeria as the Chief Justice, Federal Republic of Nigeria. The late former CJN contributed immensely to the peace and development of the country. He retains the respects of all and sundry throughout his life time.
5. It is our fervent prayer that the Almighty Allah grant his soul Aljanah Firdaus and the family he left behind the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.
May His Gentle Soul Rest in Perfect Peace, Amin.
Ag. DCP Jimoh MOshood
Force Public Relations Officers