NO POLICE PERSONNEL THREATEN TO DOWN TOOLS OVER UNPAID ALLOWANCES IN ANAMBRA STATE OR ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY
• All allowances of Police personnel are being paid on time and as at when due
• The Story is a fake news and should be disregarded
The attention of the Nigeria Police Force has been drawn to a report on News Express Online Media, titled “Police Officers Threaten to Down Tools Over Unpaid Allowances” credited to one Pamela Eboh from Awka, Anambra State, today, 29th October, 2018.
2. The Force wishes to categorically state that the report is untrue, a falsehood, unfounded, a fake news and mischievous attempt to misinform members of the public as no Police Officer in Anambra State or anywhere in the Country Threaten to Down Tools Over Unpaid Allowances.
3. To set the record straight, no Police personnel is being owed any promotion allowance by the Force as salaries and allowances are being paid on time and as at when due. Once Police personnel is promoted to the next rank, it is expected of the officer to update and submit his/her salary variation update form to the Police Account and Budget Office for processing who will in turn forward same to the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation (IPPIS Section) to effect payment of salary increment and allowances.
4. Members of the public are implored to disregard and discountenance the report that “Police Officers Threaten to Down Tools Over Unpaid Allowances” as untrue, unfounded and a fake news.
Ag. DCP JIMOH MOSHOOD
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER