Has ASUU called off strike 2022? Wondering When Will ASUU Call Off Strike 2022/2023? or have you been asking about the likely date ASUU will call off strike this year? When will ASUU strike end? Has ASUU called off strike 2022?
After reading this article, you will know when ASUU will likely call off strike, ASUU latest news on resumption, and all you need to know about ASUU strike 2022.
Before we proceed, see Schools Under ASUU.
Has ASUU called Off Strike 2022?
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) have not called off its ongoing strike Yet.
This means that ASUU strike 2022 is still on.
When Will ASUU Call Off Strike 2022/2023?
ASUU will call off strike on 1st October 2022
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has announced 1st October 2022 as the latest and current date to call off its 2022 strike.
This means that ASUU will end on 1st October 2022.
ASUU Fixed 1st October 2022 to Call Off the 2022 Strike after careful consideration of the appeals by Nigerian students.
See School Resumption Date
However, If the Federal Government fails to meet ASUU’s demands the strike will not be called off and it will be INDEFINITE.
It would be recalled that on the 1st Ausut 2022, ASUU extended its industrial action by another four (4) weeks.
See Universities that are not on ASUU strike
FG And ASUU Strike Update
We shall continue to update this page on the latest ASUU news, ASUU meeting, FG and ASUU meeting, ASUU latest news on resumption date among others.
Students May Return To School By July Ending
ASUU Demands 2022
- EARLIER, ASUU embarked on strike action in March 2020, following its disagreement with the Federal Government over the funding of the universities.
- Also, implementation of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS), which according to the Union, negates the autonomy policy for the universities, among other issues.
- The Union called off its 9-month old strike in December 2020 after the Federal Government agreed to some of its conditions.
- These include the deployment of University Transparency and Accountability Solution (UTAS) software for payment of its salaries and allowances.
- However, a year after signing the MoA, ASUU accused the government of failing to fulfill its side of the bargain and threatened to mobilise for another actions immediately.
- The government quickly moved to pay N55bn as part-payment for the Earned Academic Allowance and Revitalisation Fund, but the union was unmoved until the Nigeria Inter-Religious Council and other dignitaries waded in.
- ASUU said the federal government has only addressed 2 out of its 8 demands, including the visitation panel to federal universities and described the release of funds for the Earned Academic Allowance and revitalisation funds as partial.
- Some of the demands of ASUU include the sustainability of the university autonomy, which it said the introduction of IPPIS violates.
- Immediate deployment of UTAS to replace IPPIS; renegotiation of the 2009 ASUU-FGN agreement.
- Release of the reports of visitation panels to federal universities and distortions in salary payment challenges.
- Others include funding for revitalisation of public universities, earned academic allowance, poor funding of state universities and promotion arrears.
Major Schools That Are On Strike 2022
|1.||Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University|
|2.||Ahmadu Bello University|
|3.||Air Force Institute Of Technology|
|5.||Federal University Gashua|
|6.||Federal University Of Agriculture|
|7.||Federal University Of Petroleum Resources|
|8.||Federal University Of Technology|
|9.||Federal University Of Technology, Minna|
|10.||Federal University Of Technology, Owerri|
|11.||Federal University, Birnin|
|12.||Federal University, Dutse|
|13.||Federal University, Dutsin-ma|
|14.||Federal University, Gusau|
|15.||Federal University, Kashere|
|16.||Federal University, Lafia|
|17.||Federal University, Lokoja|
|18.||Federal University, Ndifu-alike|
|19.||Federal University, Otuoke|
|20.||Federal University, Oye-ekiti|
|21.||Federal University, Wukari|
|22.||Michael Okpara University Of Agricultural|
|23.||Modibbo Adama University|
|24.||University Of Abuja|
|25.||Nigeria Police Academy Wudil|
|26.||Nigerian Army University Biu|
|27.||Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna|
|28.||Nigerian Maritime University|
|29.||Nnamdi Azikiwe University|
|30.||Obafemi Awolowo University|
|31.||University Of Abuja|
|32.||University Of Agriculture|
|33.||University Of Benin|
|34.||University Of Calabar|
|35.||University Of Health Technology|
|36.||University Of Ibadan|
|37.||University Of Ilorin|
|38.||University Of Jos|
|39.||University Of Lagos|
|40.||University Of Maiduguri|
|41.||University Of Nigeria|
|42.||University Of Port-Harcourt|
|43.||University Of Uyo|
|44.||Usumanu Danfodiyo University|
- Post UTME Form For All Schools
- JAMB Subject Combination
- JAMB Cut off Mark For All Schools
- All School Admission List
- Check Admission Status
- JAMB CAPS Portal
All the best as you learn more about When Will ASUU Call Off Strike 2022/2023.
Was this Article Helpful? Do you have any Questions or Suggestions? If yes, Please use the Comment Box below.